Why should I get a graduate certificate at UNT's Department of Technical Communication?
At UNT, we've structured our certificate program around student needs. Have a full-time job? Taking care of children or elderly family? Live eight time zones away? Whatever your situation, UNT's technical writing certificate can work for you.
Our program offers
- Online asynchronous classes, which means you can decide when you will complete your work each week
- 8-week sessions, which allow you to focus on one content area at a time
- Award winning faculty who are renown scholars in the field of technical communication
- A reasonable completion timeframe. Most students complete the certificate in fewer than 9 months, though some can complete it in as little as 4 months.
What are the admission requirements?
The Graduate Academic Certificates are open to any student with an undergraduate degree from an accredited university. We have rolling admissions, so you can apply now and be in classes in as little as 8 weeks.
To apply for the certificate program,
- Go to goapplytexas.org and apply to the Graduate Academic Certificate in Technical Writing or Graduate Academic Certificate in Proposal Writing
- Submit your transcripts to the Toulouse Graduate School.
- You do not need to take the GRE or submit any other materials.
Detailed information on the online certificate can be found at online.UNT.edu. For complete admission information and course descriptions, visit the UNT Graduate Catalog. Apply for the graduate certificate through the Toulouse Graduate School.
Not all courses are offered every semester. Talk with the graduate advisor about upcoming courses.
How much will this program cost?
UNT has been named one of America's Best College Buys® for 22 consecutive years. You can use a calculator to estimate your tuition and fees to get more information about the cost of the online certificate program.