What degrees are offered?
How much will this program cost?
UNT has been named one of America's Best College Buys® for 23 consecutive years. You can use a calculator to estimate your tuition and fees. The Grad Track Pathway helps students save money and prepares them for the rigors of graduate education while still enrolled as an undergraduate.
What are the admission requirements and what classes do I take?
To be eligible to apply to the Grad Track program, undergraduate students must
- Have maintained a cumulative 3.5 GPA , including transfer credit
- Have completed 60 undergraduate hours, including TECM 2700 and 2800 (with As)
- Be a declared technical communication major
- Meet with the department's Assistant Chair (or Director of Graduate Studies) and the Undergraduate Advisor for short interviews.
Admission to the Grad Track Pathway is highly selective. To apply, the student will submit
- A resume
- A response to a writing prompt
- Nomination forms from two technical communication faculty
Submission of GRE scores is not required. Grad Track students are admitted to the program after completing 75 hours.
After admission, Grad Track students register for the following four graduate courses (12 credits) as replacements for required undergraduate courses. (Students must not have received credit for any of these undergraduate courses.)
- TECM 5195 (replaces TECM 4190)
- TECM 5200 (replaces TECM 3550)
- TECM 5280 (replaces TECM 3100)
- TECM 5550 (replaces one of the two required TECM undergraduate electives)
Students who complete the 12 graduate credits are automatically admitted to the MA program.
Grad Track students must take the 12 graduate credits (the four courses listed above) in their undergraduate senior year. To count as dual credit, students must complete all four graduate courses within 12 calendar months. Students are not permitted to take additional graduate courses until they fully complete the requirements for the BA or BS degree.
Who do I talk to?
Advising is by appointment only. Please call the office at (940) 565-4458 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ryan Boettger, Assistant Department Chair.